World Food India, a summit to facilitate partnerships between Indian and international businesses and investors, is being held in partnership with Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), at New Delhi, India from 3-5 November, 2017. World Food India intends to establish global linkages and facilitate foreign investment in India’s US$ 915 billion farm-to-fork ecosystem that services the needs and rising aspirations of the country’s 1.3 billion consumers.
India is the world’s oldest continuing civilisation and has served the world’s tastes from Mesopotamia and the Pharaohs of Egypt to ancient China and beyond. Much of India’s historic exports have been processed food, spices, derivatives and additives. Today, India is the fastest growing economy in the world and is home to over 1.3 billion people. The country’s rising disposable income has fuelled the growth of the world’s largest consumer market.
The country is amongst the largest producers of food in the world. However, less than 2-5% of the
country’s natural produce is processed due to lack of processing facilities, infrastructure and technology. India needs a fresh breath of everything from post harvest management technology, cold chain infrastructure and refrigerated transport to processed produce and brands. World Food India strives to attract the world’s best food processing companies and give them a golden opportunity to harvest growth and reap profits from the world’s fastest growing economy.
A billion reasons to invest in India
• The world’s fastest growing economy
• Amongst the world’s largest producers of food
• World’s largest producer of milk; fastest growing milk market
• US$ 915 billion food and grocery market by 2020
• 1.3 billion consumers. Amongst the world’s largest markets.
• Enabling policy environment. Fast clearances. Regulations aligned with global rules
• US$ 390 billion food retail sector. Over 15 million mom & pop stores
• US$ 30 billion in processed food exports in FY 2016
• World-class facilities. Assured access to power, water & resources
• World’s second-largest producer of farm output
• World’s top FDI destination as per US Foreign Policy Magazine
About World Food India
A global event to facilitate partnerships between Indian and international businesses and investors, World Food India (WFI) is a gateway to the Indian food economy and an opportunity to showcase, connect, and collaborate. Organized by the Ministry of Food Processing Industries, Government of India, WFI will be the largest gathering of investors, manufacturers, producers, food processors, policy makers, and organizations from the global food ecosystem. It aims to provides opportunities for both investment and trade in the food processing sector for leading Indian and international companies. Encompassing the entire food spectrum from production to consumption, WFI is looking at creating a better sourcing environment, thereby enabling higher returns for farmers, creating employment, and fostering entrepreneurship. WFI is being held in partnership with Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), at New Delhi, India from 3-5 November, 2017.
For further information visit www.worldfoodindia.in